Blog Archive

Tuesday 4 August 2015

I’ve never beaten my wife – Emeka Ike

Image result for emeka ike and wifeImage result for emeka ike and wifeImage result for emeka ike and wife


Two weeks back the internet went agog when the news broke that Suzanne, wife of iconic nollywood actor, Emeka Ike, filed a divorce in a Lagos court. She claimed that her husband often beat her and when the battering was too much, she decided to leave the house.

Report reaching us from the exclusive chat he had with Saturday Beats, the dark-skinned actor said that he also leant about the news on the internet. He said he had not been served with any court papers.

“I also read the news of the divorce online when someone called my attention to it.I have not got an letter from any court yet, so it is all still speculations. Every family has its challenges and people disagree over issues a lot. Marriage is not just about husband and wife but the children. I will not play that mandate because my children are my prerogative and they have to be properly protected. Nobody should mess them up because of these rumours.

Ike said the love he has for his wife would not allow him to beat her for any reason. He said he had never beaten the mother of his children and challenged whoever does not believe him to ask his children or neighbours if such has ever occurred.

The President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, in an emotional tone told Saturday beats that he adores his wife and she is probably using that against him. He appealed to her to come back home because the children are missing her.

When I showed my children what was on the internet, they were sad and said that it was a lie because I don’t beat their mother. I am a father of four children and I must protect them first before I even protect myself. Anyone who sees my wife should tell her to come back home to her children because they need her,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment